Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Spicing Things Up – Mill Pond #4 by Judi Lynn


BLURB:
Tyne Newsome promised to help Daphne Ferris pick up the pieces if her professor boyfriend dumped her. Tyne is a hottie chef with no intentions of committing to anyone. He has big plans for his future. Daphne owns a stained glass shop and spends most evenings eating dinner with her parents. She prefers safety and solitude, but Tyne keeps bumping her out of her usual routines. He's not someone she can ignore. And soon, they find that they complement each other so well, they're both pushed to places they've never been before.

Excerpt:
Miriam looked Tyne up and down. “So what’s the deal? Why are you pestering Daphne? Because if you’ve tagged her for sloppy seconds, I’ll tar and feather you and drive you out of town.”

A warrior. He grinned. He liked this woman more and more. “What are you, her protector?”

“Yes.” She crossed her arms. “The professor hurt her enough. I’m warning you off.”

“You’ve got it wrong. I don’t have to chase women. They chase me. I’m pestering Daphne because she’s a friend. I think the professor’s a dick, and I don’t want her to retreat back into her shell since he dumped her.”

Miriam’s eyes went wide. He doubted too many people surprised her, but he must have.

“So, you’re playing the Good Samaritan?”

“I don’t make a habit of it. And I’m not all that patient, but I thought I’d give it a shot.”

He watched Miriam’s right eyebrow rise. He knew that look. He was the recipient of it many times. “Are you a teacher?”

“That obvious? High school English. But don’t think I hide behind books. I intend to rattle Daphne’s cage, too. I don’t care if I end up single, living with cats, and talking to myself, but she will. She took a step. I want her to keep going.”

“So do I.”

Miriam nodded. “Good, then I don’t have to threaten you or hire someone to hurt you. You do your thing, and I’ll do mine, and hopefully, we’ll move Daphne in the right direction.”

Buy Links:

Q&A:
Thanks to Judi. I enjoyed learning more about her, and I hope all of you do as well.

First of all, thanks so much for hosting me on your blog! I read one of your posts about what you’re reading, and we have similar tastes.

What is your favorite genre to read?
I’m eclectic. I skip around between genres. I noticed that you love Ilona Andrews and Patricia Briggs, and so do I. Every once in a while, I read Neil Gaiman. Before I wrote my first romance, I read Catherine Bybee and I really enjoy her writing and voice. For Regency romance, I love Julia Donner’s Friendship series. My true love is mystery, though. I was happy to see that you listed new mystery writers on your blog, because I tend to read Agatha Christie, Elizabeth George, and Martha Grimes. I was a huge Nancy Pickard fan for years. My editor said that if I’d like to try my hand at a mystery, he’d look at it, so I’m working on one now. It’s time I find some newer mystery writers.

Who is your favorite author to read?
Boy, that’s hard! If I could only choose one, it would have to be Elizabeth George. I think she’s brilliant. Her mysteries are character-driven with more of a literary feel. If I want to read a book that makes me feel good, I’d have to pick Sarah Addison Allen. Her writing reminds me of an early Alice Hoffman—lyrical and magical. And if I just want kick-ass fun, I reach for Ilona Andrews and Patricia Briggs.

What is your favorite movie?
Okay, I get teased for this, but my favorite movie is The Thirteenth Warrior with Antonio Banderas. He gets kidnapped as a Viking to fight an evil “fire worm.” I have a thing for Greek and Roman myths and Norse myths, and this movie is just about a perfect combination of strong characters facing great odds for me. But it’s almost a toss-up with the six-part mini-series of Pride and Prejudice on TV. I loved everything about that.

Do you have any favorite quotes?
My daughters used to say “Pull up your big girl panties and get to it.” Pretty motivational😊 But my all-time favorite is “We are not human beings on a spiritual journey. We are spiritual beings on a human journey” by Stephen Covey.

Do you listen to music when you're writing?
I can’t. I end up listening to the music or dancing all by myself, and no writing.

Do you have any phobias?
Fears, yes. Phobias? Lord, I hope not. Didn’t they use that in a Gotham TV show? They killed people with their own phobias? Ugh.

Thanks again for inviting me to your blog!

ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Judi Lynn lives in Indiana with her husband, a bossy gray cat, a noisy Chihuahua, and a parakeet. She loves to cook and owns more cookbooks than any mortal woman would ever need. That’s why so much food sneaks into her stories. She also loves her flower beds, but is a haphazard gardener, at best.

Twitter: @judypost


Judi will be awarding $20 Amazon or B/N GC to a randomly drawn winner:
a Rafflecopter giveaway

Follow the tour for more chances to win:

30 comments:

  1. Congrats on the tour and thanks for the chance to win :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you. She asked great questions.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for hosting me today. It's always fun to meet another Ilona Andrews and Patricia Briggs fan...AND you like mysteries. Awesome. If anyone has any favorite mystery authors who write traditional mysteries, I'd love to know about them. And if anyone has any questions for me, let me know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. Good luck with your tour.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the giveaway; I like the excerpt. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Glad you liked it, and good luck!

      Delete
  5. This sounds like a great book, I'm looking forward to checking it out. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like it. I sure had fun writing it!

      Delete
  6. Thanks for the chance to win. Enjoyed the post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it. B.L. Blair asked great questions. And good luck!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. That makes me feel so good! I fell in love with Tyne and Miriam.

      Delete
  8. Thank you for introducing me to this book, it sounds like something I'd really enjoy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope you like it. Happy reading!

      Delete
  9. Congrats on the new book and good luck on the book tour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And thanks for hosting me.

      Delete
  10. Excellent interview! I really enjoyed reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just stopping by to say hi! Hope you have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We actually can see the sun today. All we've had is rain for almost a week. We're feeling pretty frisky, might work in the flower beds. Hope you have a great weekend, too.

      Delete
  12. Shared on G+ to help spread the word, have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I appreciate the share.

      Delete
  13. Wow! Can't believe Sunday is almost over... Hope you had a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It was really relaxing. Now I'm ready to hit the keys again. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on the book and the tour and thanks for sharing an excerpt. Another book and series to add to my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks so much! And happy reading. If you get to my book, I hope you like it:)

    ReplyDelete