Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Personal Note

Last time I wrote a little about my childhood. This time I thought I would write a little about my hobbies. I live a pretty quiet life but have three hobbies.

First I love to travel. My goal is to see as much of this world as I can. I usually travel with my sister, but occasionally I travel with a friend. The first real trip I took (other than camping with my family or visiting my sisters) was to Europe. Yes, I jumped right in. A friend and I took a tour to Germany, Switzerland, and Austria. It was an incredible time. We saw some beautiful places and met some interesting people.

Second I love to watch sports. You will note I said watch. I’m not very athletic, but I loved to watch others. As I live in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area in Texas, my teams are the Texas Rangers and the Dallas Mavericks. I also enjoy watching tennis. On one of my trips, we went to the US Tennis Open. It was a lot of fun.

Third I collect teapots. I had a friend in grad school who loved to have an “English Tea.” Once she invited me to join her, and it was a lot of fun. After that I tried it a few times myself, but it wasn’t as much fun when you do it more often; however, my sister had given me a tea set. It was a lovely floral design. After that I started looking for them. I have about fifty teapots today, and each one is a memory. Here's a picture of that first one.

No comments:

Post a Comment