Monday, June 22, 2015

Monday Excerpt - June 22, 2015

From Dead in a Park: Leah Norwood Mystery #2 coming in November.

Chief of Police Alexander Griggs stalked toward us.  There was really no other way to describe the smooth, long strides that ate up space.  I hate to admit it, but he took my breath away.  He isn’t exactly gorgeous or handsome, but there is a power about him that draws the eye.  He is about five eleven and has broad shoulders.  There isn’t an ounce of fat on his lean, hard body.  Dark hair cut short in a military style covers his head.  His face is attractive in a timeless way, and he has a small indentation on the right side of his mouth that drives me crazy.  His eyes are a deep, intense green.  I had met Griggs when I found another body back in December. 

For a little while, I had been a suspect in that case so naturally I did everything I could to clear my name.  Griggs had never thought I was guilty, but they had to check all possible suspects.  We had spent three weeks dancing around each other.  I had thought he might be a little interested in me.  On Christmas Eve, he had penned me to the back wall of my shop, kissed me silly, and told me not to leave town.  And that was the last time I had seen him.

“What have we got?” he asked Megan in his deep, smoky voice.  He has a great voice.

Megan gave her report, and Griggs turned to me.  His eyes narrowed slightly as he studied my face.  I tried to keep it blank, but I don’t think I was very successful.  He smirked and said, “So you found another body?”


No comments:

Post a Comment