Sunday, August 4, 2013

Blogging

This is my first attempt at blogging.  I recently published by first two books and everything I have read has lead me to believe that I need a blog.  So here I go.

Like a lot of authors, I am something of an introvert.  I am not shy - just not the type of person who enjoys making small talk and chatting.  Social media has been something of a challenge for me as I have never seen the need to tell anyone what I had for breakfast or where I am right now.  But I am learning and I have already made a few friends.

Twitter had been fun as I have found several people to follow that are quite interesting and some that are very funny.  Unfortunately, not many of my personal friends are on twitter so I am mostly following people I have never met.   I usually tweet about my books or re-tweet for others but have been trying a few new tweets that are a little more personal.

As for Facebook, I created an author page to showcase my books but also a personal page that I use to connect with friends and family.  This has been a bigger success personally as there are a lot more people I know personally on Facebook.  I get to see all the pictures of my great-nieces and great-nephews.  Yes, I have nieces and nephews that are parents! :)

I hope to have a more interesting topic next time so please come back next week.  If you would like to connect with me, I would love to meet a new friend.


https://plus.google.com/107255074607929295652


No comments:

Post a Comment